My juice habit

Juice. Sometimes you've just gotta have it. I'm not talking orange juice, or apple juice, my cravings are for "green"...


Juice. Sometimes you've just gotta have it.

I'm not talking orange juice, or apple juice, my cravings are for "green" juices. Frrshly pressed organic vegetable juices to be exact. If you haven't tried them you may be imagining green slime, but you're wrong! I mean, just look at that beautiful red juice up there! Its so vibrant you'd think it was as a blueberry smoothie! But you'd be so wrong! That, my friends, is a homemade beet, carrot, cucumber, celery, spinach, lemon, ginger and pear juice. Its also divine.

For those of you who do indulge in juice out but haven't opted to buy your own vegetable juicer, this juice was made by me without a juicer! And as a person who tends to buy a crazy expensive pressed green juice once a week, this homemade one is just as good and better because I could add whatever ingredients I wanted without a huge bill! Woo. No more $8 Saturday juice trips for this girl.

To make this juice, or any other vegetable juice without a juicer all you need is a blender, a cheese, a strainer if you prefer fibre free juices and a little patience. The work is totally worth the reward.

I like to enjoy a big veggie juice on weekends because it gives me a burst of clean energy and keeps my healthy eating on track. I used to pay way too much for juice on weekends, justifying it because I rarely eat out or buy coffees etc. But I think I just broke that habit and found a new ritual!


No-juicer Bloody Good Juice

  • 1/2 large red beet, grated with a cheese grater
  • 1 carrot, grated with a cheese grater
  • 1 baby cucumber
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 cup baby spinach
  • 1 large ripe pear
  • 1 stalk of celery
  • 1 tsp powdered ginger
  • Liquid stevia, to taste 
Add all ingredients except stevia to a high speed blender and blend for several minutes until totally smooth. Taste. Add as much stevia to your taste and blend.

Serve immediately or strain and serve using a fine mesh sieve for a fibre-free juice (to absorb the nutrients more quickly).

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Advertisement

SEND US AN EMAIL:

Contact Baking Backwards

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR POSTS ON BAKING BACKWARDS

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM

© Danielle Dewar. Powered by Blogger.