Plant fuel: brownies

I like brownies. My husband LOVES brownies. There are about a million things I would rather make first but it must be love because I fo...



I like brownies. My husband LOVES brownies. There are about a million things I would rather make first but it must be love because I found myself baking brownies tonight. And he didn't even ask...

My philosophy on brownies goes something like this -- make them as healthy as possible. Why? Because I'm not a brownie die hard so if I am going to eat them I'd rather they not be 80% butter and 20% sugar.

Enter these gorgeous brownies. Just look at them, glimmering in the glow of my stove light. They look so...decadent. So inviting. And yet they're about 99% healthy plant food.


Sweet potatoes, avocado, buckwheat flour, raw cacao and virgin coconut oil. Who knew that those superstar ingredients could create these! No grains, no gluten, vegan and loaded with nutrients. Sweetened with stevia and a tiny bit of maple syrup. Oh and they're dead simple to make. Blitz, spread, bake, eat.

 If you don't try these you're crazy!

Healthy Brownies
  • 1 cup steamed, peeled sweet potato
  • 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
  • 1.5 cup ripe avocado
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1.5-2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
  • 1/3 cup cacao powder
  • 1 tbsp raw honey
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup
  • Liquid stevia, (lots!) to taste
  • 1/4 cup coconut water 
Preheat oven to 350F.

Blend all ingredients together till smooth in food processor. Adjust sweetness. Bake in parchment lined cake pan until semi firm on top. Enjoy warm or after cooling on the stovetop.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Advertisement

SEND US AN EMAIL:

Contact Baking Backwards

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR POSTS ON BAKING BACKWARDS

Popular Posts

INSTAGRAM

© Danielle Dewar. Powered by Blogger.